Learn the 66 healthy habits busy moms instill into their everyday life in order to easily maintain a fit body and a healthy lifestyle.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Are you ready to instill the same habits that fitness-driven busy moms instill? If so, keep reading because we are going to dive deep into the ultimate habits that busy moms have in order to stay fit.
Learn from the best, follow those women who have been there and done that. Don’t go through mom life wondering and wishing for a healthy mom bod, but do what the successful moms do to stay healthy and fit, even through the busy season of motherhood.
These habits are what work for thousands of health moms, why not join in on the success? In this article you’ll learn what the 66 habits are for moms who always stay fit.
How Long Does It Take To Form A New Habit?
Did you know it takes 66 days for a new habit to take into effect?
Seriously, it’s actually 66, not 21, not 30 and not 60. Sixty Six is the number that was determined by research.
With that said, I encourage you not to give up early if you think things are getting hard and you feel like a failure at whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.
Give yourself some slack (or some grace), and don’t give up too soon. Have a goal of doing the same habit for at least 66 days and see what results come of it.
Maybe you’ll surprise yourself how easy it was to achieve. Maybe it will be the hardest thing you have ever done.
But in the end, if you achieve what you set out to achieve, you won’t have regrets and, ultimately, you’ll become a better person because of it. And that person year after year will be unstoppable.
Since it takes 66 days to form a habit, I thought I would give you 66 habits that busy moms have to stay fit.
So, are you ready to know what the 66 habits of a fitness-driven mom are? Let’s get right to it.
Establish Daily Routine Habits To Help With Fitness Habits
1. Having a sleep routine and schedule
2. Sleeping 8 hours to get adequate rest
3. Drinking 8 cups of water a day to get plenty of fluids
4. Avoiding snacking at night
5. Getting workout clothes out the night before (or wear them to bed)
6. Having shoes ready by your workout area
7. Working out at home in a designated workout space
8. Having a workout schedule that’s consistent week to week
9. Working out the same number of days each week
10. Working out at the same time each day
11. Working out for the same length of time each day
12. Having a workout program in place
13. Choosing a workout program in advance (don’t wait for the morning of the workout to decide what workout you are going to do)
14. Choosing a workout program that is not too challenging (staying within your limits)
15. Having an accountability partner, friend, spouse, co-worker
16. Talking regularly about the workouts with your partner (or with friends in general)
17. Hanging out with friends who are interested in fitness
18. Fill your closet with fitness attire
19. Reading motivational quotes that are fitness focused
Create These Healthy Habits As A Busy Mom
20. Keeping a fitness journal
21. Recording progress
22. Marking off a calendar
23. Taking body measurements to track improvements or maintenance
24. Eating nourishing meals post workout and throughout the day
25. Consuming plenty of protein
26. Encompassing total body workouts that focus on all major muscle groups throughout the week
27. Incorporating cardiovascular workouts into the fitness routine
28. Adequately stretch before, during and/or after the workout
29. Takes 1-3 active rest days a week (where you are not completely lazy on your rest days)
30. Constantly monitor yourself for signs of injury and pain in a preventative manner
31. Having triggers that help prompt you to workout at a certain time (example: brushing teeth in the morning triggers you to workout afterwards)
32. Follows other fitness-driven moms on social media for inspiration
33. Belongs to Facebook groups that are fitness mom focused
34. Joins a gym and commits to using the membership a certain number of times a week and doesn’t skip once she makes a self- commitment
35. Choosing high intensity workouts instead of long duration workouts (time saver and more bang for your buck)
36. Creating a routine in your normal day-to-day life allows you to find extra time in the day (time isn’t wasted)
37. Implementing a sleep schedule for your baby and older children
38. Your children take naps every day (and at the same time each day)
39. Having a bedtime routine that is consistent and allows for you to consistently go to sleep at the same time each night
Forming New, Healthy Habits Can Be Fun
40. Having grace: being ok with the possibility that workouts may be cut short sometimes. That doesn’t mean that you have to stop working out forever. You just try again tomorrow.
41. Being ok with breaking up workouts into multiple sessions a day (for example: 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening)
42. Staying off social media and all devices while working out (except to watch a workout video)
43. Finding opportunities throughout the day to incorporate fitness into everyday life (Parking farther away in the parking lot, skipping every other step for increased intensity, doing calf raises while brushing teeth, etc.)
44. Avoids binge watching TV and Netflix shows, and all together minimizes screen time.
45. Regularly being on your feet every hour if not more throughout the day to stay active throughout #momlife.
46. Has a workout music playlist that is energizing
47. Including the family in the workouts (even the kiddos)
48. Plans vacations and weekend destinations to be fitness-driven trips (such as outdoor adventures, hiking, swimming, biking, etc.)
49. Take your workout routine with you on vacation, don’t skip!
Best Healthy Habits For A Fitness- Driven Mom
50. Avoids constant snacking throughout the day
51. Hides the junk food up high and out of reach
52. Avoids purchasing unhealthy food choices
53. Avoids the drive through, including multiple trips to Starbucks
54. Has a positive mindset (through meditation and prayer)
55. Listens to self-help podcasts while working out
56. Consumes collagen protein
57. Sets goals (goals other than self-image) that are focused on healthy living
58. Having a health-driven mindset with a determination for longevity
59. Having an ongoing purpose, a reason for being healthy that helps keep the drive alive
Baby Steps Towards Healthy Habits
60. Takes baby steps towards success and understands that there are no quick wins but long paths to travel on, and that’s ok!
61. Avoids overtraining, which causes pain and regret, thus leading to quitting
62. Agrees to never quit because this is what life is going to be like from now on: health-centered
63. Workouts are focused on progression, the same workout is not repeated over and over, week after week, month after month
64. Avoiding stresses in your day-to-day life
65. Keeping the house organized and thus your life organized which helps decrease the waste of time spent on looking for lost things
66. Never skip breakfast in the morning so you have fuel to start your day
*Bonus: Makes consistency a priority, doesn’t let anything get in the way of a workout because it’s a priority.
Pick The Top Healthy Habits To Stay Fit As A Busy Mom
Ok, 66 healthy habits for the busy fit mom is a lot to digest all at once. But what I recommend is picking 5-10 habits that stand out for you and write them down.
Keep these habits somewhere where you can revisit them and use them as motivation towards making a lifestyle change. You can do it. I highly recommend setting some goals and using a calendar to keep you on track.
Pick a realistic time of day and length of time for your workouts and find an accountability partner to encourage you along the way. If you don’t have one, definitely write me a DM on Instagram, and I’d love to chat about your fitness goals as a busy mom.
If you need more encouragement, definitely check out my Top 50 Motivational Fitness Quotes for the mom who is determined to be strong!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
*It is important to always consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program and get medical clearance. Always warm up thoroughly and stretch after all workouts. LiveCoreStrong.com and Jena Bradley will be not be responsible or liable for any injury sustained while exercising at home, gym or elsewhere. Perform exercises at your own risk.
If you liked this post, please take a quick second to share it! 🙂